Friday evening and all day Saturday, I was basically unplugged -- the DH and I attended a marriage retreat, and I needed to be plugged into that rather than social media or the Net. In the car driving up and coming back home, we talked about what this closure meant for my books at Samhain and varying options for going forward. We discussed how long Anne and I had worked together, and how I felt like I was losing an old friend. So I'm still processing that separation, but I am starting to think through what comes next.
First, for now, all of my backlist will remain available through Samhain and its various vendors. I have several titles I am eligible to request the rights on, but I want to make the right choices about what to do with those. Do I request the rights and roll out a re-release a month? Do I request the rights and release as a box set (or multiple box sets)? I want to approach this in a way that keeps the titles available for readers, so I need to think through all of the options. A rash decision is the last thing I want to make.
Second, Gone From Me and All I Need should still release as planned (I'm hoping the dates won't change, but I will keep everyone updated). Where We Begin, which was in editing as of last week, should revert to me. My plans at this point are to release it myself in the fall (date to be announced). I have one other completed manuscript and plans for two more books, and if I can pull off independent publishing with Where We Begin, I will probably release those myself also.
If you have questions (or ideas!), please feel free to leave a comment.